Monday, August 4, 2014

Easy Homemade Baked Chocolate Donuts


Mmmmhmmm!!! Donuts are one of those things I've always loved indulging in. In fact, in High School and early years of college I'd eat three to four Krispy Kream donuts easily for breakfast! My love for donuts goes way back, but at one point in my life I had to cut them out. As I started to build my health, and eat whole and natural products, donuts were the one thing I could easily cut out. Every now and then, I'd still indulge in a good- well worth it doughnut; but quite honestly, the less I began eating junk food, the less I wanted them. My body craved for a doughnut, but a GOOD, well-worth it one! In my search for making donuts easily, I came across a few recipes that I made my own by substituting with the ingredients I love. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

Before starting your baking donuts adventure, make sure you have a donuts baking pan.

INGREDIENTS

Donuts
* 1 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
* 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
* 1 Tablespoon Milled Flax Seeds &/Or Chia Seeds
* 1/2 Cup Organic/ All Natural Cane Sugar (I also love using coconut sugar.)
* 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
* 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
* 2 Eggs
* 1/2 Cup Milk (Or Almond Milk)
* 1/3 Cup Original Greek Yogurt
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* 3 Tablepoons Melted Coconut Oil

Glaze
* 3/4 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar
* 1 1/2 Tablespoons Milk or Almond Milk
* 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

DIRECTIONS

Donuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray the doughnut pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
3. Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, milled seeds, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set it aside.
4. In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs.
5. In the same bowl, add the milk to the beaten eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Beat the ingredients together until well combined.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients in the medium bowl, and mix them together.
7. Spoon the batter into the doughnut pan, and bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Do not over bake! I like filling the batter to the top for easier removal of the donuts, once they are baked.


8. Once the donuts have baked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool on the pan for several minutes. Then place them in a wire rack for completed cooling.
9. Prepare the glaze.

Glaze
Combine all of the ingredients together in a semi flat, yet deep bowl for easy dipping.



Once the donuts have cooled, dip them in the glaze and place back on the wire rack. 


Enjoy!

These are Lisa's Fit 4 Life tips! Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram under "Fit 4 Life," "Lisa Clepper, " or "LISASFFL."

"Changing the way we eat, one treat at a time!"



No comments:

Post a Comment